Sunday, January 3, 2016

Rid of Religion

Question:  

Why do we as church people get so locked into catch phrases and slogans and jargon? 

Did Jesus do that? No. He didn't need slogans or jargon or marketing campaigns. His life was His billboard. 

So, if you're feeling really low today, and I run up to you and say, "Honey, don't you worry, He'll turn your 'mess' into a 'message' and He'll turn your 'test' into a 'testimony!'"

How have I helped you?

Answer: I haven't. 

In my opinion, we lean far too much on that superficial stuff that isn't really God.  Jesus, the Son of God, didn't need catch phrases, so why do we? 

The only thing that will help you through those times when a catch phrase just won't do it, is the pure, unadulterated Word of God. Period. 

That's what the church mothers of old had. They didn't launch a marketing campaign; they led you to Jesus.

If it's all the same to y'all, I can do without the slogans and catchphrases.  

I'd  rather hear #from the Master Himself than hear #about Him using oversimplified, overused jargon.

Jesus was the #realest, most authentic man who ever walked the earth.  Any effort to follow, emulate, or relate to Him must carry truth and #authenticity. 

I guess we'll get there one day. 

#RelationshipOverReligion
#Realness
#ICantDealWithReligion
#ThatsCleverButItAintHelpinNobody

No comments:

Post a Comment