Sunday, January 3, 2016

Gripped by Gratitude

Just witnessed a woman being carried out of a restaurant on a stretcher by the EMTs and fire department, while her 10 or 11 year old daughter screamed and cried "Mommma!"

Heart-wrenching.

But I also saw one of the EMTs walk over to the little girl, hold her little face in his hands, and say, "Your Momma's going to be okay."

To see that kind of compassion displayed amid the cold cruelty we see and read about every day was a precious blessing.

I silently prayed for the lady as she was being taken to the hospital, and I believe God's got her in His flawless hands.

I'm also grateful that, no matter what I have battled this year in my own body, God has been merciful; my Mom has not had to encounter the fear of me being whisked away in an ambulance. 

God is good, all the time, whether we see it all the time or not.

He's merciful, and has kept us from some of the terrifying, traumatic things that #couldhave happened to us and our families this year. 

Lesson: be grateful; things could be much worse. 

#grateful #thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment