Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Broken Theology

Don't come for my theology, Bruh. Not today, not tomorrow, not in 2016. Got it? Good.

I read one of the most ridiculous FB posts today; posted by an attention-seeking Pharisee. At the end of the post, there were a bunch of people with "Minister" So-and-So, "Pastor-elect" Blah-Blah in their Facebook title (who does that, and why?) arguing about the Word, theology, and their own #weird, self-tailored interpretations of Genesis, that a man does not need a job in this life, but rather an assignment, arguing about the Proverbs 31 woman and how if she's doing her 9-5 job, her husband won't need a job, how a man has to know his purpose before he gets married, and how knowing his purpose will ensure that a man doesn't need a job or vocation....

I've never seen such absurd rhetoric from "church people."  And these were folks who operate in a leadership capacity in the church. Who gave these idiots their title?? How can someone call themselves a "minister" or "pastor" when they don't even know and understand Genesis, the first book of the Bible?

Good God, help us. I'll never understand why people use social media platforms for such insane purposes. And then be in #error beside....

And then came at me crazy for quoting what's actually in Genesis...

Look. I'm not arguing theology or anything else with anyone on Facebook. I know my Word, I've studied it.  And I'm also not standing in the pulpit on Sunday's, either, regurgitating nonsense that isn't even in the Bible.  I feel sorry for their parishioners, that is, if they have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment