Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Healing for Hannah

So, I've watched your life unfold over the past year into an undeniable testament of faith, hope and promise. 

Ever since the day my niece introduced me to you, I knew there was something special about you. After we met you, my Mom and I were both impacted by your presence, the sparkling sunshine in your smile, and those big, beautiful eyes. 

I have been anxious about updates I saw on Facebook concerning your harrowed but hopeful battle with the relentless villain of cancer. In my heart and through my prayers, I asked God to send you strength, comfort and healing as only He can do. 

I watched with anticipation as our community rallied around you, united in faith in an unfailing God.  

I smiled as I watched you reach milestones - prom and graduation...

I thanked God as I witnessed the impact of your relentless faith on your classmates, family and friends. 

Through one willing vessel, God has shown Himself faithful, strong, and finally...merciful.

He answered our prayers yesterday, and placed a crown on your head, and said to you, "Well done."

When I heard that you were gone yesterday, I was stunned and speechless.  I felt a pang of hurt in my heart, but I couldn't reach it.

Today, I can't seem to stop the tears from flowing. In your short young life, you did more for your community by inspiring us and unifying us, than many can do in decades of life. 

I hurt, I smile, I pray. I know God is rewarding you for all the times you smiled and prayed through pain, in the times when your body was battered with illness, surgeries, treatments....

Thank God for His promise of wholeness and healing after we have fought the good fight of faith. 

Rest peacefully, Sweet Hannah.  Wear your golden crown, and dance and sing in The Presence of The King!

No comments:

Post a Comment