Friday, July 10, 2015

operate

Operating without functioning vital organs.
They're there, but they are not functioning.

Shelf of human organs that aren't being used for their intended purposes.

Gnarled up in shame and pain,
shorted out because of faulty wiring,
nerves deadened,
skin cells burnt,
ventricles pierced.

Hush the background noise,
silence the music
and the voices of the naysayers.
Apply the anesthetic so they won't feel any pain.

Pull it up by the strongest part,
remove the obstructions
in this heart.

Scrape out the infection,
cleanse the affected area,
remove the breach,
disinfect the wound.

Apply the healing salve.
Clean it out thoroughly.
Pump clean blood in,

Let me see if I get this straight:

You're saying:
I'm all messed up inside.
I'm hurt. I'm angry.
I'm stunted.
I'm not at the place in my life where I can give myself in this way.
But I like having you around.  I'm comfortable with you being around.



No comments:

Post a Comment