Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Somewhere


Somewhere, there's someone who works entirely too much, just like me.

Who worries and frets and is anxious about too much that he cannot change.

Someone who likes jazz music, watches TV to unwind, loves warm breezes and tropical destinations.

Someone who knows the value of life, of living, seeing and doing.

Who works hard, focuses, eats ambition, sleeps his dreams, is fixated on his future.

Someone who knows that you get what you pay for, you learn through your pain, and that you're never as smart as you think.

Someone who loves his mother, respects his father;

Reads often, thinks a lot.

Drinks from the cup of waiting, sips of wondering, walks in needing, breathes in wanting...

Just like me.

Someone, who wants it all, thirsts for more, wishes it were easier, but languors in reality.

He wishes, dreams, reaches and hopes.

Desires the Promise Land, but lives in the wilderness.

He walks around Egypt, stays strong in the face of oppression, but hates the oppressor.

Someone who loves sitcoms, cereal on Saturdays, a good meal, and intelligent conversation.

My ally.

My equal.

My shoe on the other foot.

He likes  to cuddle, loves ocean air, needs football Saturdays and warm stew in the wintertime.

He wishes and dreams for me; he can touch me in his sleep, but wakes to find me gone.

Because just like him, I'm somewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment