Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Feverish

Medic! Medic!














I need medical attention!
I think I have the flu, but beyond that,
it appears that I've been
stricken with a worse bug. 


It plagues me.
It bothers me.
It touches me.


Man, I got it bad for this man--
love his dirty underwear.
He's got me in the palm of his handsome hand.


Got me choked up, 
hemmed up
strung out
sprung. 


His way,
His man-nerisms
He is all man,
I want him to be all mine.


I can't take it!
I want to smell his essence, 
breathe in his breath,
touch his being
reach his depth.


He is
the Truth
the One
that I've waited for my entire life.
He carries the other half of me around in his pocket
to do what he wills,
what he pleases.
I'm at his mercy,
his whims.


He promises to guard my heart and my honor.
I trust him,
but more than him. I trust what's behind him:
destiny.


He takes my breath away,
Makes my head spin,
My heart flutter,
My stomach drop...


His efforts to reach me are sublime
and he finds me so effortlessly.
I love the way he strokes my heart.


He works me within my boundaries,
and gently tugs me past my deficiencies.


I'm falling for him
and I don't care if I fall flat on my face 
and crush my jaw.


I'm flying, taking a risk.
Moving past my fears,
Grasping the freedom to 
love--


taking that shaky step
for myself,
to rescue my broken heart
from yet more broken glass
and broken life
spent lonely and afraid.


I love him so much, I physically ache
but he's so worth the risk
of heartbreak
I can feel it--his heart aches 
too.


He makes me swoon,
have an out-of-body experience--
leave conscious space and time,
traveling to an unknown location,
to nowhere I've ever been,
nowhere I've known,
no love I've loved.


I want to stay here,
don't wanna leave.


Leave me alone.
Leave me be.
Leave me to my thoughts.
Leave me in this room by myself 
with my thoughts of this wonderful man,
that I can't get enough of.


I can't help but to love him,
to need him,
to want him.
To cry out for him.


I need his voice to reach me,
Arms to hold me,
Hands to touch me,
Heart to teach me--


Love.


Teach me love.
Unabashed, unabridged, unquenched love.


To heal that which ails me--
A heart that cries for love. 









No comments:

Post a Comment