Saturday, June 4, 2016

understanding...or not

Every day, I ask God to help me understand, and if not to understand, I ask that He at least help me not to misunderstand. 

As in life, it can be very easy to misunderstand, and very hard to understand.

I believe that there is understanding in this life for me; the Bible says, "in all thy getting, get an understanding" (Proverbs 4:7).

Sometimes understanding comes to you; other times, you have to walk toward it.  

Regardless, it's important to obtain this element of life.  Therefore, I will walk toward it, sit still while it comes to me - either way is fine with me, as long as in my "getting" I get this principle thing.  

Almost can't do life without some sort of understanding (knowledge, acceptance).

However, when there is no understanding of my life, situations, or circumstances, I always have my faith. 

Now, faith is a must-have for anyone who calls themselves a Christian. 

Without faith, it's impossible to please Him, and what is the purpose of a Christian life if we do not aim to please Him?

Understanding is something we want, but faith is something we need.  I'll hold on to my faith while I wait for or even pursue understanding.  

Trembling hands, buckling knees, tears in my eyes, it is the one thing I will hold tenaciously to.  My faith.

So, as the day comes to a close, my prayer is, "God, I pray for understanding, but even if it never comes, help me to always hold tightly to my faith in You."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment